Christianity in the west is in a time similar to that of King Ahaz. Ahaz chose to give lip service to the commandments of the Lord and invariably followed the blueprint that the secular world was espousing. The gods of Syria seemed more successful so Ahaz decided to reject God’s ways and choose the Syrian way. He ‘cut up the vessels of the house of God and shut the door of the house of the Lord and made alters in every corner of Jerusalem”.
Never once did he think he possibly might be contrary to God in all these decisions; after all he was the King of Judah. Its the arrogance that creeps in when leaders lose their dependency on God and become self driven. They don’t want to wait on the Lord, they want success now and they determine success by the standards of this world and not by God’s standards. Pretty soon their ‘success’ is the success that the world recognizes. The fact that they are no longer a success in God’s eyes no longer bothers them as they have a new blueprint for success. And no one dare question or rebuke them for their carnality. They are now Lord and no man or God should dare question their actions or decisions. They are the anointed.
That’s the Church in the west in this age; its full of Ahaz’s. Puffed up by their high visibility, their wealth and status they have unwittingly closed the door of the house of the Lord to all that follow them and they cannot see it. The praise and worship in their house resembles that of the ungodly, their ministries are man made programs of little spiritual value, their works are directed towards gathering mammon, overseeing natural assets and their is little time for establishing spiritual maturity in followers or saving of souls. Of course there are many followers as their ears are tantalized with positive messages, encouragements and false promises. That they offer no lasting impact or spiritual growth is irrelevant. Each week they are drawn back simply to survive (and part with their money) and hardly any mature or produce fruits of their own. They become slaves to man, instead of servants of the Lord.
Paul rebuked Peter at the first sign of compromise towards the gospel, yet in this day and age there is hardly a leader willing to give a rebuke to leaders that err, never mind one that could receive a rebuke and get correction. Thank God revival is coming soon.
A Christian Activist is an agent a change; a member of the Body of Christ working from within the faith to return the Body back to the original path. Revival is coming, but not through the established churches. Its coming through individuals , through Christian Activists. What are the signs of a Christian Activist;
- Activists are non respecter of persons. Christian activist treats all people equally from the greatest to the smallest. Position, wealth and power, if anything are a sign of spiritual weakness; the evidence of a life following after the treasures of this world, rather than the treasures of the world to come.
- Activists are doers of the Word and not only professors of the Faith. Their lives manifest the message of the Bible instead of being a rod of accusation and judgement towards others. They judge only those within the faith and are a beacon of hope and light to those that are without. Activists are not afraid to expose and challenge false doctrine and ungodliness within the Body of Christ.
- Activists do not compromise the gospel nor themselves for the sake of fame, fortune or ministry. There is no building of ministries or income through the use of the gospel, no need for secular doctrines and programs. Making merchandise out of the gospel is not an option.
- The only footprint activists leave on this earth are imbedded in the hearts of mankind. There are no buildings, monuments, denominations ministries or titles worth having. All are forsaken for the spiritual increase of humanity.
- Christian Activists to not take ownership of what God is doing through them. There are no patents, trademarks, licensing selling or buying of that which God has freely given and done through them.
- Christians Activists do not take offense on behalf of God nor do they fight in the natural on His behalf. Rather their weapons are spiritual, mighty to change, powerful to establish the Kingdom of God in this world, knowing that love overcomes all things.
- Christian Activists do no make themselves leaders of other, but servants. They do not gather masses for their own enrichment, but they continually empower others to draw close to God, to be effectively used by God, for the glory of Christ and the increase of his kingdom.
- Christian Activists are committed to fasting, prayer, reading the the Word and ministering to others. There is always a spiritual goal they are working towards, a goal that sees family, neighbours, colleagues, friends and strangers coming to Jesus Christ.
- Christian Activists are not bound by man made boundaries; by denominations and doctrine. Nor are they swayed by race, gender, age, belief or religion. They are open to the Spirit of God for all people, for every opportunity that is presented.
- Christian Activists live righteous lives; lives without compromise; lives that bring glory to their heavenly Father. All action, all speech, all works are aligned with the message of Jesus Christ.