6 Deceptions of the Evangelical Church
- Tithing – there is no mention of the tithing of money in the Bible. Jesus said give to Caesar that which is Caesar’s and to God that which is God’s. God gave the Jews the land of Palestine and the first fruits increase of that land was for the ministry.
Under the new covenant we have been given spiritual blessing & land and the only thing of value to God is that which He has deposited in us spiritually; spiritual fruit, spiritual gifts, ministries. Do something for the Kingdom of God and you have given your tithe. Of course we can help those in ministry to survive by giving them money, but it should never be to build a natural empire after the pattern of this world.
- Israel – God has not returned Zionists to the land of Palestine. Real Jews have rejected the covenant of God and will never be returned by God to a Covenant which has been done away with through Christ. They will be reconciled to God through Christ and the New Covenant. The Zionists in Israel are predominantly Ashkenazi Jews, people that adopted the faith for economic and political reasons. They are not even Semitic. They have replaced the Jewish language with Yiddish, the 7 lamp candlestick with a Satanic emblem falsely called the star of David, the Torah for Cabbalistic witchcraft and dispossess and kill women and children for a political ideology that is oppressive and racist; everything Christ came to do away with. The real Jews as a faith will return to God at the end of this dispensation, but this has nothing to do with what is going on in Palestine at this time. Sadly the Church seems intent on supporting all manner of evil in Palestine because “God has returned the Jews.”
- Importing the World – Somewhere along the way the Church disconnected from God and lost the power of the Holy Spirit. Without the power of the Holy Spirit, the church started to shrink and become irrelevant. The solution was to do that which the world is doing, but within the church. From the music, to the global corporate structures, to the natural assets, to programs, to presentations; everything within the Church has been replaced by that which is of this fallen world. There are few Spirit led works, but many works of the flesh. Musicians, psychiatrists, lawyers, accountants, doctors and every professional you can think of are in demand for leadership and direction, but the meek, humble, righteous and faithful have no place. The Apostles and Prophets have been replaced by Pharisees and lawyers.
- Me Culture – The church has developed a selfish ‘me culture’. From the praise and worship being about ‘how God makes me feel’ (and is not about how great God is) to the perpetual need to always receive instead of give; the church has lost its servant heart . ‘What can God do for me’ has replaced ‘what can I do for the Kingdom of God or someone else’. Self focus and self interest means little opportunity for us to draw close to God, little opportunity for the Spirit to lead. Where is the prayer, where is the time in the Word of God, where is the fasting? The Church is in affliction and bondage because it refuses to exercise the only self focus it should be exercising – “Lord reveal my sin to me.” Repentance always precedes restoration.
- Fake salvations – We are not saved simply by saying I believe in Jesus. This confession in the New Testament was always accompanied by an act of faith, an act of obedience; that of water baptism into Christ. The new covenant is to be born again, both of water and of Spirit. Firstly when we believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, our soul receives this truth via the Spirit of God. We are ‘born again’; meaning our spiritual connection with God is re-established through our faith and we can receive directly from God again.
When we are water baptized into Christ our sins are transferred to Christ and without our sin, we can once again enter into the presence of God without accusation. By being ‘buried’ with Christian baptism we die to the old law and come out of the waters of baptism under the new law of grace. We live life according to the Spirit and not the flesh.
When we are baptized with the Holy Spirit we are filled with the Spirit of God which empowers us with the presence of God to resist and overcome the works and temptations of the devil.
- Democracy – does not belong in the Church or the family. The weakest are always in the majority and a church that is led by what the majority say is irrelevant to God. God leads through the head, the appointed and the anointed. Successful companies do not survive through democracy, families are not successful through democracy, and Jesus did no lead by democracy. At some stage men need to start to be men, start being leaders and start being accountable before God for that which is under their authority.
Your wife is not your boss! That’s what the world wants you to believe. God says the order is God, Jesus, man and then woman.
Men are required to get the revelation and direct the destiny of the Church and the family. If they don’t have the heart for this responsibility woman and wives will take leadership and the family or ministry will be led in fear and not faith. The reason why man is in servant authority is because he has been given the capacity to put God before the welfare of the family, which in reality is putting the family first. Woman act with the wellbeing of the family first and in so doing put God second, which is to the detriment of the family or the church.